In this article:
Invite Patients Without a Prescription
Patients added without a prescription/recommendation can order products through the catalog - granted Catalog Permissions have not been set to prescription only.
To invite a patient without activating a prescription:
- Go to Patients
- Click New patient
- Complete the required fields: first name, last name, and email address.
- Optional: apply a discount.
- Enable/disable the optional welcome email
- Click Add patient
Add patients individually from the Patients page.
Tip! Patients added without sending the optional welcome email will be prompted to log into their account when a prescription is sent.
Invite Patients With a Prescription
- Click New Prescription
- Select add a New Patient to open the Patient tool
- Enter required fields indicated by asterisks *
- Add an additional patient discount
- Click Add Patient
- Complete the prescription then select Send to Patient from the bottom of the page. Alternatively, select Send & Place Order to place the order for the patient using In-Office Checkout.
Add a patient from the Prescription tool.
Equipping patients with the tools to self-serve saves time and promotes adherence. Consider either of the options below to encourage self-service among your patients.
Landing Page URL
Patients with access to the unique landing page URL of your dispensary can sign up without a prescription or invite from a practitioner or staff member. Consider sharing your URL through newsletters, email, or in-office resources to promote self-signups.
Viewing the Landing Page URL from the patient landing page preview.
Warning: Discounts, landing page URLs, and custom promotions cannot be shared over public-facing social media. Please see our Acceptable Use Policy for more information.
Embed a Website Button on your clinic or personal website. Those who choose to order products from your dispensary select the button from your website and are navigated to your landing page. Here, they can create their own account if they're new to Fullscript, or sign-in to an existing account.
Embeddable website button.
For those accounts with an established patient list, adding patients individually or relying on self signup can be avoided by importing patients in bulk. With the 'send email invite' option, you will have the opportunity to invite these patients to sign-in to their account immediately and purchase available products. Alternatively, patients will be invited to log in to their account as prescriptions are sent.
Tip! Have you recently migrated from NP Script to Fullscript? See our Migrating from NP Script to learn how to Export your NPS patient data to import to Fullscript
Generating a Patient CSV File
- From Patients, select Import Patients
- Click Download Sample File for a pre-formatted file or use the column headers in the sample file shown below to start a new file
- Enter patient data following the formatting instructions shown below
- Save the file as a CSV (comma-separated value)
Discounts added to this column are applied to the patient's profile and will be in addition to any discount set for the dispensary. For example, should a 10% dispensary discount be set, entering '5' in the discount column for a patient will provide a 15% (10% + 5%) discount off all products in the dispensary.
Formatting Requirements & Sample CSV
Before completing the import, confirm the file meets the following criteria:
✓ The file is in a .csv file format
✓ Column headers match the columns in the sample file exactly
✓ Email Addresses follow the standard firstname.lastname@example.org format
✓ Phone numbers match the format above, including the country code: 1-723-954-9038.
Preview of the sample CSV file downloaded from the Import tool.
Tip! The sms_number (phone number) and discount columns are optional and can be left blank.
Completing the Import With Your CSV File
To import patients with a CSV file:
- From Patients, select Import Patients
- In Step 1, select Choose a file
- Select your patient list file from your computer's file manager
- Enable/disable the Send invite email option
- Click Import Patients
Easily import multiple patients at once with the patient import tool.
Tip! If there are formatting errors when entering patient data, you will be prompted to make the corrections in Fullscript before proceeding with the import.