In this article:
- If submitting a professional license or registration, ensure your name and the expiry date are visible on the submitted document.
- Ensure that the name on the credential matches the name (of one) of the practitioner(s) listed on the account.
- We standardly do not accept board memberships/certifications or international licenses for Fullscript practitioner account approval.
- Student ordering accounts are available for those who can prove enrollment in a program that leads to licensure in one of the approved healthcare professions.
Tip! Some brands require select credentials on file to have access to their products. To avoid catalog restrictions, we recommend submitting your professional license or registration over your education credentials.
Credential upload basics
Since Fullscript is a service that connects health practitioners with their patients, it's important we keep a copy of your active license/registration on file to maintain the professional integrity of the platform in alignment with our Acceptable Use Policy.
Your healthcare credentials will be requested to complete the setup of your account. Credential approval is required before any orders (wholesale or virtual dispensing) can be placed through your dispensary.
For approval, we need a picture or photocopy of your professional healthcare license/registration, or healthcare education credentials. It's also your responsibility to maintain your credentials and provide updated documents before they expire. We'll send an automated reminder email as the expiration date approaches.
Note: Acceptable file formats include JPG, JPEG, PNG, PDF, or TIFF. Only one file can be uploaded at a time, but you can go through the upload process multiple times on your account. Go to the Credentials tab in your Dispensary settings to upload additional documents.
Names must match
If the account is set up under a clinic manager or owner, you can still use the credentials of an associated clinic practitioner. All you need to do is add them to the account as an additional practitioner. When credentials match a practitioner on the account, Fullscript will be able to move forward with the review process.
Select Add Practitioner to add additional practitioners to your dispensary.
Tip! See Adding practitioners and staff members for more information on this process.
Professional healthcare licenses and registrations
When uploading a license or registration, please provide your most up-to-date credentials displaying your name and the expiration date. Credentials that require regular renewal and contain an expiration date must be maintained as valid and current as per Fullscript's Acceptable Use Policy.
Please ensure your license or registration includes the following:
- Your name
- The issuing institution
- The profession you’re licensed in
- Valid expiration date
If your licensing or certifying institution no longer provides paper copies of your licensure, we will accept a screenshot of your information from an online verification system or public register. Please ensure the screenshot includes the site's URL, your name, the profession, and the expiration date.
A sample screenshot of a medical license from California's verification website.
We can only accept licenses and registrations issued in the United States or Canada. Though international licenses are not accepted for account approval, we do review and accept international degrees.
Note: If you're no longer a licensed practitioner, please submit your education credentials for approval.
Healthcare education credentials
If you work in a non-government regulated profession where a license isn't required, please submit your education credentials for review; be aware they will be reviewed to determine if the associated program meets our requirements to be approved. Requirements are based upon program length, course content, and institutional accreditation.
Warning! We don't accept CEU (continuing education) credentials, graduation verification letters, or conferral date letters for approval.
Other healthcare credentials
Board memberships and certifications
Due to the varying nature of acceptance criteria of the associated institutions, board memberships and certifications are standardly not approved for a Fullscript account. Instead, for consistency and fairness, Fullscript requests practitioners provide the educational credentials they used to gain acceptance for the given board. *Some exceptions may apply.
- Transcripts, conferral date letters: You must submit a picture or photocopy of your graduation certificate for approval; we don't accept any other sort of school documents for practitioner accounts unless requested by our Compliance team as supplementation.
- International licenses and registrations: We only accept licenses issued from the United States and/or Canada.
- Receipts, business insurance, tax documents: Business-related documents, such as business licenses, receipts, or tax forms, will not suffice to activate a Fullscript account. Healthcare credentials are required.
Student ordering accounts
Student ordering accounts are available for those who can prove enrollment in a program that leads to licensure in one of the approved healthcare professions. Fullscript requires documentation such as proof of enrollment, class schedule, or other formal school paperwork to ensure the program of enrollment meets the criteria for a student account. Submitted documents should include your name, program of enrollment, and school of enrollment.
A sample screenshot from a Student portal to be used as student credential.
Note: Please see our Student dispensaries article for more information.