In this article:
An introduction to Kalix
Kalix is an affordable, client-friendly practice management and telehealth solution for integrative healthcare practitioners. Kalix combines telehealth services with business solutions, creating an all-in-one virtual practice.
Note: The integration of Kalix with Fullscript is available in both Canada and the US.
Integration setup: Kalix + Fullscript
Kalix utilizes OAuth making for an easy setup, so you won't have to generate and enter unique clinic keys.
Note: The primary Kalix account holder must set up this integration. Once linked, Kalix providers can connect to their own Fullscript dispensaries if the account owner enables this setting.
To integrate Kalix with Fullscript:
- In Kalix, select your account name (top-right corner), and click Account Settings, then Integrations.
- Beneath the Fullscript heading, click Connect, and enter your Fullscript account credentials (email address and password).
- When the authorization notice appears, select Authorize Application.
- Return to Integrations in Kalix and use the drop-down menu ( ) to link users to existing Fullscript practitioner accounts.
- When finished, click Save. When integrated successfully, ✓ Linked is displayed next to the Fullscript heading on the Account Settings page.
Kalix integration in multi-practitioner dispensaries
Kalix account holders must set up this integration. Once connected, you can choose whether providers in Kalix can connect to their own Fullscript dispensaries (multiple dispensaries), or limit providers to the account holder's dispensary only (single dispensary).
Note: If you're an additional provider or staff member, you can be invited once the accounts are integrated.
Connecting Kalix providers to multiple Fullscript dispensaries
To allow additional providers to connect to other Fullscript dispensaries:
- From Integrations, enable Users Can Connect Their Own Fullscript Accounts.
- Once enabled, additional providers can connect to their Fullscript dispensary from the My details page in Kalix. To access this page, additional providers will select the provider menu (top-right of the page), then select My details.
Connecting Kalix providers to a single Fullscript dispensary
If additional providers are connecting to a single dispensary:
- From the Integrations tab, expand the Link Kalix Users to Practitioners in Fullscript menu to display all Kalix providers.
- For each Kalix provider, select the user's Fullscript account from the drop-down menu next to their name. If they're not already a user in Fullscript, select + Invite to Fullscript to add them as a practitioner.
Writing recommendations in Kalix
To write a new recommendation:
- In Kalix, select the Clients tab and select + to create a new client profile. Alternatively, search and select an existing client using the search field.
- Select the Fullscript tab.
- Select +. A new window will appear where you can utilize the Fullscript treatment plan tool directly in Kalix. To write a treatment plan on behalf of a practitioner, find the practitioner from the list and click Start recommendation.
- In the treatment plan tool, write a recommendation. Here, you can access your favorites, categories, and protocols, and adjust individual discounts.
- Click Send recommendation to activate the recommendation and send an email notification to the client.
Note: Clients will log in to Fullscript to view their recommendations and place orders.
- Refresh the client's profile in Kalix to view the new recommendation.
Writing a new recommendation in Kalix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kalix cost?
The pricing for Kalix is simple, scalable, and transparent. There are various plans as low as $27 per month, with flexible payment options and a free one-month trial. See Plans & pricing for more information.
Which practitioner types commonly use Kalix?
Kalix was built for dieticians and integrative healthcare professionals. It's a great tool for solo practitioners and small clinics, as well as virtual practices of all sizes.
Can I view my clients' Fullscript recommendations in Kalix?
Absolutely! Once integrated, Fullscript and Kalix client accounts will be linked by the user's email to display full Rx history within Kalix — even for recommendations written before the integration.
If I add a client in Fullscript, will that client get added in Kalix automatically?
No. If the bulk of your clients are on the Fullscript platform, connect with Fullscript's customer success team to request your client list and upload it to Kalix. However, if you add a new client in Kalix, the client will automatically be added or matched to an existing Fullscript client (by email address) after writing a recommendation in Kalix.
I am new to Kalix; how do I redeem my Fullscript promo code to receive 20% off the first year in Kalix?
After your 30-day free trial:
- Subscribe by selecting your name (top right-hand corner) in Kalix, then select Subscription.
- From there, follow the prompts to select a plan and enter fullscript20 as the referral code.
- Click Confirm to start your subscription!