In this article:
There are multiple paths to adding new patients to your dispensary. Practitioners can import multiple patients at once with the import tool or add patients individually without a supplement plan. There are also multiple self-sign-up options available that allow eager patients to start ordering right away while reducing the administrative burden on dispensary staff members.
Note: Self-sign-up options work best for dispensaries with open catalog permissions where prescriptions or recommendations aren't required to explore and order products.
Importing patient lists
Already have a list of patients ready to add to your dispensary? Batch import them by using the import patients tool! Check off the optional invite email during the import process to direct your patients to sign in right away. See the Importing patient lists support article for more details and instructions.
Invite patients with a supplement plan
Simplify your workflow by inviting patients to your dispensary as you send their first supplement plan. Before patients can view their plans, they'll be directed to create an account or sign in.
To invite a patient while sending a supplement plan:
- Select New Prescription.
- Select Create new patient to open the Create new patient modal.
- Complete required fields.
- Specify Additional savings (optional). This discount will be in addition to the existing dispensary discount. Available for profit accounts only.
- Click Create patient.
- Complete the prescription, then select Send prescription from the bottom of the page. Alternatively, select Prescribe and place order to place an order with in-office checkout.
Adding a patient from the Treatment plan tool.
Tip! Check out the treatment plan tool for general navigation and protocol writing tips.
Invite patients without a supplement plan
Patients added without a prescription/recommendation can order products through the catalog as long as catalog permissions allow catalog access.
To invite a patient without sending a supplement plan:
- Hover over Patients.
- Click New.
- Complete the required fields: first name, last name, and email address.
- Optional: select an additional discount. This discount will be in addition to the existing dispensary discount.
- Enable/disable the optional welcome email.
- Click Create patient.
Adding a patient from the Patients page.
Tip! Patients added without sending the optional welcome email will be prompted to log into their account when a plan is sent.
Video: Adding your patients to your dispensary
Patient self-sign-up options
Equipping patients with the tools to self-serve saves time and promotes adherence. Consider any of the options below to encourage self-service among your patients.
You'll be notified of all new patient signs up as long as you have these notifications enabled. This helps you be aware of who is signing up to your Fullscript dispensary as well as those you may want to limit access to.
To check if patient sign-up notifications are enabled:
- Click your avatar in the top right corner to open the practitioner menu. On mobile devices, click the menu ( ) button, then your name to expand the practitioner menu.
- Select Account settings.
- Scroll down to Notification settings.
- Confirm Accounts is checked to ensure new patient account notifications are sent.
Your welcome page (store link)
Share your store link with your patients so they can sign up on their own from your welcome page. Consider sharing your store link through newsletters, email, or in-office resources to encourage self-sign-ups.
You can copy your store link from the Patient welcome page in Dispensary settings or from the bottom of your dashboard when you log into your practitioner account.
Copying your store link from the welcome page preview.
Shareable wellness protocols
Link your public shareable wellness protocols to emails, newsletters, and/or your website to share protocols outside of Fullscript. Patients need to create an account or log in to their existing account to view shared protocols in Fullscript.
Embed a website button on your clinic or personal website to promote your Fullscript dispensary to your patient base and promote self-sign-ups. When clicked, patients are directed to your welcome page where they can create a new account or sign in to their existing account.
A website button that can be embedded on your website.
Display products on your website with embeddable product cards! When a product card is selected, patients are directed to your welcome page where they can create or sign into their account.
Embeddable product cards on an external website.