In this article:
Invite patients with a prescription
- Select New Prescription
- Select Create new patient to open the Patient tool
- Complete required fields
- Specify Additional savings (optional). This discount will be in addition to the existing dispensary discount.
- Click Create patient
- Complete the prescription then select Send prescription from the bottom of the page. Alternatively, select Prescribe and place order to place an order with In-Office Checkout.
Adding a patient from the Rx tool.
Tip! Check out The Rx tool: Writing prescriptions for general navigation and protocol writing tips.
Invite patients without a prescription
Patients added without a prescription/recommendation can order products through the catalog - granted Catalog permissions have not been set to prescription only.
To invite a patient without activating a prescription:
- Hover over Patients
- Click New
- Complete the required fields: first name, last name, and email address.
- Optional: select an additional discount. This discount will be in addition to the existing dispensary discount.
- Enable/disable the optional welcome email.
- Click Add patient
Adding a patient from the Patients page.
Tip! Patients added without sending the optional welcome email will be prompted to log into their account when a prescription is sent.
Equipping patients with the tools to self-serve saves time and promotes adherence. Consider either of the options below to encourage self-service among your patients.
Landing page URL
Patients can sign up on their own with access to your Landing page. Consider sharing your landing page through newsletters, email, or in-office resources to promote self-signups.
Viewing the Landing Page URL from the patient landing page preview.
Warning! Discounts, landing page URLs, and custom promotions cannot be shared over public-facing social media. Please see our Acceptable use policy for details.
Embed a Website button on your clinic or personal website. Those who choose to order products from your dispensary select the button from your website and are navigated to your landing page. Here, they can create their own account if they're new to Fullscript, or sign-in to an existing account.
Embeddable website button.
For those accounts with an established patient list, adding patients individually or relying on self-signup can be avoided by importing patients in bulk. With the 'send email invite' option, you will have the opportunity to invite these patients to sign-in to their account immediately and purchase available products. Alternatively, patients will be invited to log in to their account as prescriptions are sent.
Downloading a patient CSV file template
- From Patients, select Import Patients.
- Click Download Sample File for a pre-formatted file or reference the column headers in the sample file below to start a new file.
- Enter patient data following the formatting requirements shown below.
- Save the file as a CSV (comma-separated value).
Specified discounts are applied to the patient's profile and will be in addition to the dispensary discount.
For example, if the dispensary discount is 10%, entering '5' in the discount column for a patient will provide a 15% total discount (10% + 5%) on all products.
Formatting requirements & sample CSV
Before completing the import, make sure the file meets the following criteria:
✓ The file is in a .csv file format
✓ Column headers match the columns in the sample file exactly
✓ Email addresses follow the standard firstname.lastname@example.org format
✓ Phone numbers match the format above, including the country code: 1-723-954-9038.
The CSV file template downloaded from the Import tool.
Tip! The sms_number (phone number) and discount columns are optional and can be left blank.
Completing the import with your CSV file
To import patients with a CSV file:
- From Patients, select Import Patients
- In Step 1, select Choose a file
- Select your patient list file from your computer's file manager
- Enable/disable the Send invite email option
- Click Import Patients
Easily import multiple patients at once with the patient import tool.
Tip! If there are formatting errors when entering patient data, you will be prompted to make the corrections in Fullscript before proceeding with the import.