In this article:
Save time sending prescriptions by starting with a framework that includes products, customized dosage and duration instructions, attachments, and a customized message.
Saved protocols can be applied to new prescriptions to get you started, then personalized to suit the patient's specific needs.
Tip! Upload some of our evidence-based Protocols from Fullscript's Knowledge center.
Go to Protocols to manage protocols, accessible by hovering over the Prescriptions menu.
If on mobile, tap the menu, followed by Prescriptions, then Protocols.
From here, search by the protocol name and select Edit to make changes, or Delete to remove it from your dispensary. Editing a protocol will not make changes to active prescriptions where the protocol was applied.
Navigating to Protocols in a dispensary.
Creating new protocols
Start a new protocol
To get started, select the down arrow beside New Prescription, then Create protocol.
On mobile, select Create protocol from the menu.
Creating a new protocol.
Building a new protocol
New protocols are built and saved directly in the treatment plan tool following the same steps to creating a new prescription.
Add products, advanced dosage, a custom message, and attachments. When finished, select Save as protocol, add a name, then click Save protocol.
Saving a new protocol in the Treatment plan tool.
Creating protocols from a prescription
If you've created a prescription that you'll use with other patients, consider saving it as a protocol for efficient prescription writing later.
To save a prescription as a protocol:
- Search for a patient and enter their profile.
- Find the prescription, then click View prescription.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save as protocol.
- Add a protocol name and make edits, if needed.
- When finished, click Save.
Applying protocols in the treatment plan tool
To apply a saved protocol to a new prescription:
- In the Treatment plan tool, add a new or existing patient to the treatment plan.
- Select Protocols
- Search for a protocol then select Apply. Repeat this step to apply additional protocols to a single prescription.
- Add and remove products, adjust dosages and quantities, and add a personalized message.
- When finished, click Send prescription or Prescribe and place order.
Applying a protocol to a new prescription.
Upload Fullscript-curated protocols
Protocols curated by the Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team using an evidence-informed approach are available in the Knowledge center to use in your dispensary!