In this article:
Overview: Bulk discounts editor
The Bulk Discounts Editor makes it easy to apply an updated discount to any or all patients in just a few clicks. You can filter by practitioner name, current discount, and patient status to find and group patients then update individual discounts all at once.
We’ll even do the math! Don’t worry about compounding discounts, first order discounts, or calculating your profit margin — we’ll show you exactly what to expect, what you’ll earn, and who may be left out before you approve anything.
Updating individual discounts for a batch of patients in a US dispensary with the Bulk Discounts Editor.
Note: The Bulk Discounts Editor adjusts individual patient discounts only and will overwrite first order discounts if the maximum discount for your region is exceeded. To avoid this, patients with a first order discount can be filtered separately, and their discount adjusted accordingly.
Bulk updating individual discounts
To update multiple individual patient discounts with the bulk discounts editor:
- Go to the Patients / Clients page.
- Using filters, narrow down patients in your dispensary meeting your criteria.
- Select all patient accounts to include in the bulk discount update, then select Edit total discount.
To update all patient accounts on the current page: Select the box to the left of Select all x patients to select all accounts displayed on the current page.
To update all patient accounts matching your search results: Check the box to the left of Select x out of x patients then click Select all x patients to extend accounts selected beyond the current page.
To update specific patients (small batch): Select the check box to the left of the patient accounts to include in the discount update.
- In the Edit patients' total discount modal, select a new patient discount (%). If the patient’s discount goes over the max allowance (35% in the US and 25% in Canada), the discount change will not apply, and you will be alerted you can make adjustments.
Note: You will not be able to modify your dispensary discount from this page. To update your discount later, head to the Business financials page.
- Click Save. Discounts will update for patients immediately and apply to all future orders. Feel free to navigate away from the page as discount updates are running. We'll notify you with an in-app alert once discounts have been successfully updated.
Staff access to the bulk discounts editor
The Bulk Discounts Editor is accessible to all practitioner and staff accounts. When global patient access is OFF, additional practitioners will only have access to modify discounts of patients that are assigned to them.
Applying filters to manage individual patient discounts
With filters, you can quickly update multiple patient discounts from the patient management page to find, select, and group patients in order to apply or readjust discounts as needed.
On the Patient / clients page, select the Filters button to apply criteria and narrow your search results. Available filters include:
- Assigned practitioner
- Total discount
- Patient status — archived, draft plans, and first order discount
- Created in — Fullscript or Wellevate
Note: The Created in filter is only available to accounts that migrated their Wellevate store to Fullscript.