In this article:
This time-saving feature supports one-to-many care and a collaborative approach to wellness!
Sharing protocols with colleagues allows you to:
- Share protocols with other practitioners in your dispensary.
- Avoid starting from scratch! Save time by making copies of protocols peers share with you, then customize and extend in treatment plans for your patients.
- Share your versions of general wellness protocols authored by your colleagues with all or select patients.
- Preserve protocols you've created. Edits made to copies of a shared protocol will not impact the original author's protocol.
Note: Protocols cannot be shared with clerks.
Sharing protocols with colleagues
To share a protocol with practitioners in your dispensary:
- Hover over the Prescriptions tab, then select Protocols. On mobile, select the menu ( ), Prescriptions, then My protocols.
- From the Protocols page, hover over a protocol, then click Share.
- In the sharing window, select the Staff tab.
- Search and select practitioners to share the protocol with.
- Click Share. Shared protocols are found in the Shared with me tab on the Protocols page of your peers.
Note: Before your peers can use the shared protocol, they'll need to make a copy. Changes they make to their versions will not affect the original protocol.
Creating copies of peer-authored protocols
Before a peer-authored protocol can be shared as a general wellness protocol or sent to patients as a treatment plan, you'll need to make a copy. Once you've created your version, you can make any edit you like without altering the original author's version.
Making a copy of a peer's shared protocol.
Tip! View protocols peers have shared with you in the Shared with me tab on the Protocols page.
To create a copy of a protocol:
- Hover over the Prescriptions tab, then select Protocols. On mobile devices, select the menu ( ), Prescriptions, then My protocols.
- On the Protocols page, click Shared with me.
- Select a protocol to view it. Click Make a copy to create your own version of the protocol.
- When redirected back to the Protocols page, scroll down or use the search field to find the copy you've just created. Copies will have the word copy appended to the protocol's original title. i.e., Blood sugar support copy.
- That's it! You can edit your version at any time, share with all or select patients, and apply it to patient treatment plans.
Tip! We recommend editing the name of any copies created. Protocol names are visible to patients when shared as a general wellness protocol.
Editing peer-authored protocols
Once a protocol is copied, there are no limitations to what you can change — the protocol's name, products, dosage instructions, messages, attachments; everything can be customized.
To edit a copy of a protocol, select your version from the Protocols page. This will take you to the editor where you can update the protocol as needed. When you're finished, select Update protocol to save your changes.
Updating a saved protocol.
Tip! Edits to a general wellness protocol will update the protocol for all patients the protocol has been shared with. Patients can explore your shared wellness protocols to explore your protocols without an appointment. These protocols are displayed in a separate tab, their Protocols tab, away from the patient's personalized treatment plans.