In this article:
Refill reminder emails
Automated refill reminders help patients stay on track. They're tied to patient orders and use the product's dosage instructions to schedule a reminder that's sent at just the right time — close to when supply is running out but with enough time for refills to arrive.
Refill reminders are triggered to prompt reorders necessary for supplement plan adherence. To limit these emails, we group all products expected to run out within seven days of each other into a single refill reminder.
We also won't send reminders for products that are reordered or scheduled to be reordered before the scheduled reminder send date. With that in mind, reminders aren't sent for:
- Products that are reordered before a reminder's send date.
- Products in an active Autoship.
When refill reminders are sent
We aim to send refill reminders at the right time. Three factors determine the date a refill reminder email will be sent:
- The order's delivery date.
- Supply duration assuming perfect adherence. i.e., how many days the supply should last if consumed/used following the dosage instructions.
- The order's shipping duration (i.e., time in transit). These days are deducted since this is time without the product on hand.
Note: Send date calculation = Delivery date + Supply duration - Shipping duration.
Supply duration: How long products should last
Supply duration is reliant on the product's dosage instructions set in the supplement plan or as indicated by the supplier. Where patients add products to their cart from determines the dosage instructions (custom vs. supplier instructions) used to calculate supply duration.
Here's what to expect when products are ordered from various pages in the platform:
- Supplement plans: Supply is calculated using dosage instructions provided by the authoring practitioner. Where text-only dosage instructions are used, supply duration defaults to 30 days.
- Multi-patient plans or protocols: Supply is calculated using dosage instructions set by the authoring practitioner. Where text-only dosage instructions are used, supply duration defaults to 30 days.
- Catalog: Supply is calculated using supplier dosage instructions (i.e., what's indicated on the label).
- Order history: Products displayed on this page have been previously ordered, so the previous dosage instructions are reused. e.g., if the product was previously ordered from a supplement plan, the dosage instructions applied by the practitioner will be used. If the product was freely ordered from the catalog, supplier dosage instructions are used.
Tip! Supply duration is also displayed to patients in the shopping cart to answer the question: “How much do I order to last X amount of time?”.
Sample refill reminder email sent to patients
Refill reminders are enabled by default for patients. They can choose to deactivate refill reminders by visiting their Account settings page and adjusting their Communication preferences.
A refill reminder email is sent to a patient as supply runs low.