In this article:
Adherence surveys are a new clinical tool from Fullscript designed to help close the communication gap between practitioners and their patients in between visits. Patient responses to these surveys help prescribing practitioners better understand barriers to adherence and take actions that encourage patients to get started on their treatment plans.
Adherence surveys are enabled for practitioners by default and are tied to the activation of new treatment plans. Treatment plans sent without a resulting order within seven days will trigger an adherence survey to the patient's email inbox, which patients can complete to communicate why the treatment plan has gone unfulfilled. Submitting the survey is optional and can be done directly from the email without signing in to their patient account.
The response options in the survey are based on the most common barriers to treatment adherence, as identified in our breakthrough report, Treatment adherence in integrative medicine — download the report to learn more.
A sample of the adherence survey patients will receive.
Note: Adherence surveys are triggered when a treatment plan has gone unfilled seven days after it was sent. This frequency can't be changed.
Reviewing collected responses
Emails are sent to the prescribing practitioner as patients complete the adherence survey to confirm the response is now available to view from the prescription.
To view adherence form responses:
- Log in to your dispensary.
- Select the Prescriptions tab to go to the insights dashboard. This tab may appear as Recommendations, depending on your dispensary terminology settings.
- Enter the patient's name or email in the search field to find the prescription and review the response.
Reviewing a patient response to an adherence survey.
Filtering prescriptions to view the status of adherence surveys
You can apply the Not ordered status filter to the Prescriptions page to view when patients are scheduled to receive an adherence survey, when a survey was sent, and which treatment plans have received a response.
When a survey has been completed, click Show feedback to view the collected response.
Applying the Not ordered status filter to view the status of adherence forms.
Tips to actioning adherence barriers
- Has the patient indicated a prescription is out of their budget? Try updating the treatment plan for less expensive products.
- Is the patient overwhelmed? Consider reaching out to book a follow-up consultation where you can address their concerns.
- Did they find products on another site? Fullscript offers access to high-quality, professional-grade supplements at fair prices, backed by features (such as refill reminders) that help patients stay on track. That means consistent quality, non-counterfeit and filler-free products stored and shipped to maintain potency and efficacy.
Disabling adherence surveys
Practitioners can disable adherence surveys from the treatment plan tool. In multi-practitioner dispensaries, prescribing practitioners have control over the send of adherence surveys to their patients. A practitioner choosing to disable adherence surveys won't disable surveys for all practitioners in the dispensary. However, turning off this feature will disable surveys for all prescriptions written by the practitioner; sending surveys can't be customized on a prescription-by-prescription basis.
To disable adherence surveys:
- In a treatment plan (new prescription or recommendation), select the Customize tool button.
Tip! Learn more about creating new prescriptions or recommendations with the treatment plan tool.
- Uncheck Adherence form scheduling.
- Click Close.