In this article:
Dispensaries that have opted in to make a profit on patient orders will receive their earnings via direct deposit to a bank account entered by the dispensary owner.
Tip! If you're interested in earning a profit but currently have a no-profit dispensary, you can check out Converting to a profit account for instructions on ho to enter the required information to start earning a profit!
Receiving your payouts
Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to receiving your payouts:
- The default payout frequency is every 30 days. Refer to your Payouts & tax page or payout reports for your next payout date.
- Payouts can only be transferred to a single bank account.
- Earnings are allocated to your balance as orders ship, not when they are placed.
- Successful payouts may take 1-2 business days before reflecting in your bank account.
- Transfers may be delayed by 1-2 business days due to holidays and weekends (i.e., holidays observed by banks.)
- Your balance may be adjusted by returns. Refer to your payout report for applicable returns.
- Savings bank accounts may not be accepted.
- Canada only: If you're registered with the CRA to collect GST/HST, Fullscript can append tax to your payouts if your registration number is provided. See Canadian dispensaries: Reporting your income for tax purposes for more information.
View bank account and payout details in the Payments tab of Dispensary settings.
Tip! If you're looking for more information on how patient discounts impact your profit earnings, please see the Dispensary & individual patient discounts support article.
By default, each dispensary's payout period is set to every 30 days. Though you can't adjust this frequency yourself, you can request a different payout frequency by reaching out to our Customer Success team.
Adding a new bank account for your payouts
Entering a bank account is required to complete the setup of a profit dispensary. You can update this bank account at any time from the Payouts & tax page in your Dispensary settings. Keep in mind that only one bank account can be active at a time and some savings bank accounts may not be accepted.
Tip! For more information and detailed instruction on how to reactivate or add a new bank account, please see Adding your bank account.
Accessing your payout reports
After your first successful payout, financial reports are generated to assist with filing your taxes and/or allocating payouts to staff members. You can access the Reports page from the practitioner menu, accessible by clicking on your avatar or initials. Learn more about managing your reports for yourself and staff members in our Payout reports article.
If required tax information is missing, can't be verified by our payment processing partner, or too many failed payout attempts have occurred, your payouts will be at risk of being disabled. A notification will be displayed in your account with a link to lead you to correct your tax details. If your tax information can't be verified within seven days, your payouts will be paused.
To restore payouts, follow the link provided in the notification in your account or go to the Payouts & tax page in your account to resubmit your tax details. Though rare, your details can take up to 5 business days to be verified. Payouts will only be restored if new information is successfully verified.