Update: July 14th, 2020
- Orders containing Heat sensitive products requiring an icepack will be delivered via UPS Standard service until further notice to ensure the viability and efficacy of these products while in transit.
Update: May 13th, 2020
- Priority shipping and availability of temperature-sensitive have been restored in response to Canada Post service improvements.
Released: April 29th, 2020
Our Canadian customers may experience delays receiving orders as Canada Post extends their delivery-window estimates in response to a significant increase in parcel volume.
While we're on track with packing orders on the same or the next business day, Canada Post continues to face backlog in their sorting facilities processing significant volumes, and adjusting operations to prioritize employee and community safety during this health crisis.
What you should know:
- We are expecting delivery delays on orders placed on or after April 21st. Tracking numbers will appear 'invalid' until Canada Post has sorted your package.
- Standard shipments may take 7+ business days to be delivered, depending on your location.
- Priority and overnight shipping options have been temporarily removed as we cannot guarantee delivery in these timeframes.
- Temperature-sensitive products have been temporarily removed from our site until we're confident they'll maintain efficacy while in transit.
We're actively exploring alternative shipping options to get packages to you faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Follow Canada Post service alerts for more on Canada Post's delivery interruptions.