In this article
The Practitioner Earnings Report feature is available to accounts with multiple practitioners. The report provides two compensation models, making it simple to assign profits for each transaction:
The Patient Owner Compensated report is used to compensate practitioners for all products purchased by their patients.
With this report, you will have the ability to:
- Assign a patient owner who becomes the default payee for orders by the patient.
- You can override the payee on an order, without needing to change the patient owner.
- Each order will only have a single payee.
The Prescription Author Compensated is used to compensate practitioners for products that they've recommended that are purchased by a patient.
With this report:
- If more than one practitioner has recommended the same product to a patient, the author of the latest prescription is compensated for that product in the order.
- Products that a patient orders that are not on any of their prescriptions will not be attributed to any practitioners. In the report export, they are shown as "Unassigned".
Generating a patient owner compensated report
This report allows you to assign new patients and their orders to a specific practitioner manually. Once assigned properly, the patient's future purchases should be assigned automatically for future reports.
Note: New customers or customers who were not assigned a default payee will need to be assigned each time the report is pulled.
To generate this report:
- From the Financial Reports section of your account, navigate to the bottom of the page and select the Practitioner Earnings Report option, then choose Create Report.
- A page will appear displaying the two available compensation models, from here you will select Patient Owner Compensated.
- You will then select the payout dates you would like to include in the report. Once highlighted you will select Proceed to earnings report.
- A screen will appear displaying a list of orders sorted by each patient's name for the selected payout period(s). At the top of the screen, you will be shown how many patients are required to be assigned to a practitioner before the report is able to be downloaded.
- To assign a practitioner simply click on Choose Payee, and select a Practitioner's name from the list. Upon selecting a payee for an order, you will then be asked if the chosen payee is the patient owner and should be the default payee for all future orders. If this is the case select Yes.
- Once all orders have been assigned a practitioner the banner at the top of the screen will update to display a Download Earnings Report button.
- Once you select Download Earnings Report you will be provided with an excel spreadsheet with a separate tab for each practitioner who had been assigned a patient for this payout period. For more information on what each heading means navigate here.
Generating a prescription owner compensated report
This report type will not give you the ability to assign transactions to a particular practitioner. This report will simply pull an assignee for each order based on the items purchased and the prescriptions on file for each item purchased.
This option is very helpful when there are multiple practitioners creating prescriptions for each patient, as it allows you to assign the profits from each individual item purchased.
Note: The orders which appear under the unattributed tab of the final report will need to be manually assigned through your spreadsheet software to the correct practitioner.
To generate this report:
- From the Financial Reports section of your account, you will navigate to the bottom option, Practitioner Earnings Report, and select Create Report
- On the following page, select Prescription Author Compensated
- Next, select the payout periods you would like to run the report for and then select Proceed to earnings report.
- On the next screen, select Download Earnings Report.
Report heading definitions
The same headings are used in both the Prescription Author Compensated report and the Patient Owner Compensated report.
To determine the dollar value to assign to each practitioner based on the payout period selected, navigate to the tab stating their name. Scroll to the bottom of the Amount column to see the total net earnings for the selected practitioner for that payout period.
The definitions for the additional columns found in the two report types are:
|Activity Date||Date of activity Return or Shipment.|
|Specifies if the item is part of shipment or return.|
|Order Date||Date the order was placed.|
|Transaction Date||Date earnings became available on the account.|
|Payout Date||Date of payout|
|Order Number||Fullscript order number.|
|Transaction Number||The shipment ID.|
|Payout Number||Reference number of payout|
|Sku||Product reference number.|
|Quantity||Quantity of the item purchased.|
|Unit Selling Price||Cost of the individual item after any discounts.|
|Total Selling Price||Total cost of items purchased after any discounts.|
|Unit MSRP Price||Manufacturer suggested retail price for item|
|Total MSRP Price||Total manufacturer suggested retail price for the items purchased.|
|Amount||Represents net earnings from the transaction.|
|Patient Name||Patient name attached to order.|
|Patient Email||Patient email attached to order.|
|Prescribing Practitioner||Original prescribing practitioner for item|
|Earning Practitioner||Practitioner that net earnings were assigned to. (Patient Owner Compensated Report Only)|